HCMC Dining Guide

Monday, January 2, 2012

One Month to Go

I hope everyone was able ring in the new year in style. I know I certainly have fewer functioning brain cells than I did on Saturday, but I think I'll be OK. Anyway, it's now one month (and one day) until H2H begins, so I'm going to take another chance to talk about it.

As I said in a post from a few weeks back, H2H stands for Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. It is a bicycle ride along this 2,000km (1,200 mile) route that, as of now, 17 expats (myself included) will take part in. This is H2H's third year, and it was created to raise money for some of Vietnam's poorest children. H2H works with three Saigon-based charities that bring education and healthcare to disadvantaged teens and children. Nearly all ride-related expenses (bikes, lodging, food, etc.) are paid for by the participants, and it is entirely organized by volunteers, so almost 100% of every donation will go directly to the charity organizations. Each rider is required to raise a minimum of 750USD, but we all hope to raise much more. In fact, we have set a group goal of raising $30,000, and we are just over halfway there. I've personally raised $1,300 and am well on my way to achieving my personal target of $2,000, so if you would like to help me reach this goal, please make a donation at http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/michaeltatarski/bikeride. The site is 100% secure, and donations can be made by credit card.

H2H is a highly unique event, and it will take us 26 days to cover the distance between Vietnam's two biggest cities. I speak for every ride when I say we simply cannot wait to take part, as this will provide all of us with an unforgettable life experience, while at the same time helping out kids that really need it.

We have our own blog, where we will update readers on our progress once the ride begins on February 3rd. Check it out here:  http://www.h2hrfvc.blogspot.com/. (I'll also be blogging on this page, so don't worry.) You can also learn more about H2H at our website: http://www.h2hcharityride.org/.

Finally, to get you even MORE excited (and jealous?) of us, here is a promo for this year's ride with videos taken from last year's journey.


I'll be attempting to whip myself into shape over this next month in preparation for what will easily be the most physically demanding 26 days of my life, and I'll likely have more on H2H as the start date gets closer. Your help is greatly appreciated by all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment