HCMC Dining Guide

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Moving

I'm currently in the process of moving to a new apartment, so there won't be any new posts for a few days. What I thought would be a simple process has turned into a drawn out mess of paperwork and heated arguments with my barely comprehensible landlady. To be honest I should have expected this, considering how insanely bureaucratic everything is here and how anal people get when it comes to financial dealings with Westerners since they think we're all stinking rich. I'm moving into the 24th floor of a high-rise in District 5, so expect some fantastic cityscape, sunrise (if I can get myself up early enough...) and sunset pictures in the coming weeks. For now, here is a shot of one thing I will miss from my neighborhood in District 3: the crooked penis someone spray painted onto the wall outside our gate last year. The drainage pipe bisecting it is a recent addition. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment