HCMC Dining Guide

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Best. Website. Ever. (Possibly)

Every once in a while something comes along on that magical thing called the Internet that captures your state of mind towards the place you live in so perfectly that you're left wondering why you hadn't thought of it before. This morning I discovered You want foo massa?, quite possibly the most amazing website ever. I don't know who is behind this, but it expresses many aspects of being an expat in Saigon in a way that will simply never be beaten. Using gifs, an old standby for online humor, the creator takes moments from movies and TV shows and expertly matches them to situations we've all experienced here. Sadly there are only four pages of images so far, as I could look at these all day. I was on the verge of tears for a few. Some of my favorites (dirty language warning):

"When somebody gets angry with me for actually stopping at a red light."




"When I hear Abba's 'Happy New Year' between September and March."




"What locals here when I speak Vietnamese." (Particularly relevant for me at the moment.)



"Every time I say 'dong' to another expat."



"Every time a backpacker starts talking about Asia in Pham Ngu Lao."


"When somebody puts ice in my beer."


And..."How I leave Apo."


Whoever is behind this site...thank you, you have made my day. Now make more gifs!

No comments:

Post a Comment