HCMC Dining Guide

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Inspiration

I'm so in love with the website I shared in my last post that I took a crack at a few gifs with captions of my own. These are all stock images from websites, I'm still figuring out how to make my own. Let me know what you think.

When a cashier refuses a slightly torn bill.


What I imagine Saigon bus drivers think


When I'm told to pay 20,000 for a banh mi but the local before me was charged 8,000.


When a local understands something I say in Vietnamese that isn't 'cam on' or 'xin chao'


What I want to do with all of the lottery tickets that have been shoved into my face


When the wet season ends


When the song I picked comes on at T&R


When I walk on the sidewalk during rush hour


When I walk into a store or office and all of the employees ignore me

5 comments:

  1. I will do the same dance when the wet season ends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your captions are so funny. You're so creative. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your last caption (......the employees ignore me).....

    From reading all these captions, I can tell you have been in VietNam too long. The locals Vietnamese and their way of life there are finally getting on your nerve, aren't they? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If you've been reading this blog for a while you'll notice that the tone has changed a bit recently. I'm visiting home for Christmas and I hope that I'll have a new outlook when I come back.

      I do also plan to make some of these about expats, I just haven't found the right images yet.

      Delete