HCMC Dining Guide

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Vietnam Bucket List

I still have a lot of time left before I leave Vietnam, but if the previous two years here are any indication that time will go by very quickly. My expected exit date is next July. I'll lose two months in between now and then - one when I visit home for the holidays, and another when I do H2H again in April. Since it is likely that I won't be living anywhere near Southeast Asia once I leave Vietnam, I want to make sure I do as much as possible before then, since the country is only going to continue changing at an ever-faster pace. Therefore I've created a bucket list of the remaining things I want to do and places I want to see (all outside of Saigon, I'll have a separate list for the city) before departing this bewildering place. I've already experienced a lot here, and seen many different parts of the country, but there is always more to do. Here is the list - I'm open to suggestions as well.

1) Go motorbiking in Ha Giang Province

2) Drive the new road from Da Lat to Nha Trang

3) Go to Con Dao

4) Drive the Hai Van Pass

5) Go to Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park to see the Son Doong cave

6) Spend a week volunteering at Wildlife at Risk's center in Cu Chi

7) Hike through Cat Tien National Park

8) Take the hydrofoil to Vung Tau

9) Motorbike to Rach Gia and take the ferry to Phu Quoc

10) See the karsts of Ninh Binh

No comments:

Post a Comment