HCMC Dining Guide

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Drive with me

The other day I borrowed a friend's GoPro camera to take on H2H, and late yesterday afternoon I took my moto out for a spin from my building in District 5 to central District 1 and back with the cam on my helmet to make sure everything is working right. The videos came out great, except that either my helmet or the camera mount was a bit crooked, so everything leans to the left. (It was pretty windy out, so that probably didn't help.) Anyway, this 3-part video should give you a good idea of what it is like to drive here on a daily basis. Nothing you see happen is out of the ordinary, with the exception of the guy in the Mickey Mouse suit at the very beginning of the first part and the very end of the third. Not sure what that was all about.

Here's what you'll see: I went down Tran Hung Dao to the roundabout in front of Ben Thanh market; took a side street to Nguyen Hue; went by the Bitexco Financial Tower; passed the skeleton of an unfinished skyscraper at the foot of the bridge to District 4; and returned to D5 via Vo Van Kiet, the multi-lane road that runs along one of Saigon's handful of heavily polluted canals. Enjoy!



1 comment: