HCMC Dining Guide

Monday, March 4, 2013

Guess My Name

I celebrated my quarter-century birthday last night by staying out entirely too late. I will probably pay for that later today. Perhaps the best part of the night was the card I got from a couple of friends - they had the ingenious idea of asking some of their students how they thought my last name was spelled. They wrote the attempts down on strips of paper and glued them to the card. I can't stop laughing at these (the correct spelling is Tatarski):

Tatonsiner
Turtorsky
Tchorski
Tchorsku
Mike Tthorsky
Totopsik
Tartoske
Mary (I'm just as confused as you by this one.)
Ter Tor Xy
Tourske
Turtoskey
Totoskey
Ssa-lly
Tatakiss
Totuoski
Tatorske
Thurthakki
Toctokey
Totarski
Mike Tatarskie (so close!)
Tataske
Mike Totutarki
Totouski
Tutorki
Thurthaki
Totarry
Tutarski
Tchorski
Thurthorske
Ter Troski
Tutorski
Tokacti
Tetarski
Tartasky
Tatarski (wooooooooooo!)

In other news, I wrote my first cover story for AsiaLIFE magazine this month, check it out here: http://www.asialifemagazine.com/vietnam/expats-giving-birth-in-ho-chi-minh-city/

Finally belowe are a few shots from my road trip to Vung Tau, I'll post more later this week.





1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh Vietnam is the perfect mixture of heavenly natural beauties,ethnic cultures and historic glories.I visited there 2years ago but unable to explore lots of beautiful sites, I'm planning to revisit at the end of this year.

    ReplyDelete